At its meeting on November 18, 2020, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities ("Board") rendered its decision on the EDCs’ proposal to solicit BGS supply through a single statewide Auction Process. The Board approved the main elements of the EDCs’ proposal, namely:
- The removal of transmission from the BGS product for future and existing contracts;
- The use of a single statewide Auction Process to procure supply for BGS customers;
- A supply period of June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2024 for the BGS-RSCP Auction;
- A supply period of June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022 for the BGS-CIEP Auction;
- The use of a clock auction format; and
- A decision by the Board on the auction results within two business days of the close of the last auction.
For additional items and the full details of the Board decision, please consult the Board Order. The details of the Board decision will also be discussed during the webcast on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 3 PM EPT. To register, please RSVP to this email with the number of phone connections needed.
November 19, 2020.