At its meeting on November 19, 2018, the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities ("Board") rendered its decision on the EDCs’ proposal to solicit BGS supply through a single statewide Auction Process. The Board approved the main elements of the EDCs’ proposal, namely:
- Using a single statewide Auction Process to procure supply for BGS customers;
- Holding two auctions, the BGS-CIEP Auction for large commercial and industrial customers, and the BGS-RSCP Auction for residential and small commercial customers;
- A supply period of June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2022 for the BGS-RSCP Auction;
- A supply period of June 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020 for the BGS-CIEP Auction;
- The use of a clock auction format; and
- A decision by the Board on the auction results within two business days of the close of the last auction.
The Board Order will be posted to the BGS Auction website as soon as it becomes available.
At the webcast on November 29, the Auction Manager will discuss these and other elements of the Board’s decision. To attend the webcast, please RSVP.
November 19, 2018.