At its meeting on November 21, 2017 the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities ("Board") rendered its decision on the EDCs’ proposal to solicit BGS supply through a single statewide process. The Board approved the main elements of the EDC proposal, namely:
- Using a single statewide Auction Process to procure supply for BGS customers;
- Holding two auctions, the BGS-CIEP Auction for large commercial and industrial customers, and the BGS-RSCP Auction for residential and small commercial customers;
- A supply period of June 1, 2018 through May 31, 2021 for the BGS-RSCP Auction;
- A supply period of June 1, 2018 through May 31, 2019 for the BGS-CIEP Auction;
- The use of a clock auction format; and
- A decision by the Board on the auction results within two business days of the close of the last auction.
The Board Order is posted here.
November 22, 2017.